Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bollywood

image courtesy of demotix.com
Apparently this is the season of my life where I want to try all kinds of new things. I would love to try a Bollywood class! Sure, I have a couple of DVDs by Hemalayaa (and I love them) but I'd like to join a class. After all, for all I know I'm doing the movement completely wrong. There's an Indian dance studio about 30 miles away but I'm not sure I can swing the commute. On the bright side, I'm going to a Holi celebration next weekend--maybe someone there will be able to help me!

Bollywood seems like a great fit for me. It's not as formal and uptight as ballet, but not . . . hip-hop. Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for hip-hop dancers, in large part because I'm absolutely lousy at hip-hop. But Bollywood seems like it might be a great way for this ballerina to finally find her groove thing.

And it always looks like so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment