Thursday, May 23, 2013

So Flattering


A little while back I received a note that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award. The Liebster is an award freely given to new blogs with less than 200 followers. I was so flattered to receive one! (And frankly rather relieved that someone is interested in what I have to say.)
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves 
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people       you’ve tagged to answer
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. No tag backs
First of all, I need to thank Alice in Danceland for nominating me. Someday I may plan a road trip just to hug her. And now, in gratitude, I will go on to follow the rules:
11 things about me
  1. I have scoliosis
  2. I have 13 ribs
  3. My sacrum isn't fully fused
  4. I dance anyway, and somehow nothing hurts too much
  5. I love to waterski
  6. My favorite food in the whole world is raspberries, although most people guess chocolate and I often don't correct them
  7. I am neither a morning person nor a night owl. I suppose you could call me sloth-like, but please don't
  8. I have always wanted to be the Arabian soloist in Nutcracker but, at 5'4" I am too short
  9. I started dancing when I was 12
  10. I love decorating sugar cookies
  11. I am a really good cook
My answers for Vivian
  1. What is your best recommendation for new bloggers? If you aren't blogging specifically for friends and family, I would highly recommend reading The Startup of You
  2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Right now I'm fantasizing about Boulder, CO, and southern Spain. Although if the chance to live in London (again) came along I would absolutely take it!
  3. What types of posts and blogs do you tend to comment on the most? I usually comment when I have a relevant experience to share. Although I often read and enjoy without saying anything
  4. Favorite Youtube dance clip? This one
  5. Would you give up your day job to dance? Dancing already is my day job and I feel incredibly blessed for that
  6. What is your favorite dance studio? Oh my. I love any studio where excellent teaching and learning happen. They all have a special feeling of their own
  7. Do you like being corrected in class/what type of corrections work best for you? I appreciate corrections and love hearing new imagery
  8. Favorite book? Favorite quote? I read a lot so picking a favorite book is hard . . . I do love The Giver. I also have a few favorite quotes, but I'll pass along this one: 
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.
    —Kurt Vonnegut 
  9. Best snack between class? As the teacher, I get no time to snack between classes
  10. What’s your favorite leotard? (brand, style, color) Whatever one is newest, and I am still searching for this one
  11. Best advice you wish you would have known when you were younger? Stop worrying about being acceptable. Just work hard to truly accept yourself
11 questions for my nominees 

    1. Why did you start blogging?
    2. What's the coolest thing you've done this month?
    3. What kind of treat do you ask for on your birthday?
    4. What is your dream vacation?
    5. What is the most recent thing you read?
    6. What is the best advice you've ever received?
    7. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
    8. What is your favorite breakfast?
    9. What are your hobbies?
    10. Do you dream in color or black and white?
    11. Any tattoos?
Blogs to check out (there aren't 11 and I have no idea how many followers they have, I just like them)

No comments:

Post a Comment