Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Favorite Things


Do me a favor and just ignore how my knee began to bend before my heel arrived on the ground
I have a hunch that if I'm ever reincarnated as a musician all my work will be in 3/4 meter. Why? Because all my favorite ballet steps are in 3/4. (Because I know the curiosity is killing you, my favorite steps are: rond de jambe par terre, balancé and waltz turns.)

Apparently I'm a very waltz-y person. I wonder what that says about me?

Also, I once had a teacher say that people are either natural jumpers or natural turners. I beg to disagree. I am neither. I'm not sure what I am, but let's save that discussion for another day. You'll notice that my favorite steps are not jumps or turns, nor are they preparatory steps for jumps or turns.

What are your favorite steps?

No comments:

Post a Comment