Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lots and Lots of Napping

Thank goodness there isn't a picture of me napping. I sleep hard.

This time of year gets a little hard for me because it feels like all of my students are burning out. I teach adorable little kids, but I can tell that they'd rather be outside playing than inside pretending to be fairies or zebras or (my recent favorite) hot dogs.

Plus we're getting ready for the parent demonstrations at the end of the month so I'm not introducing a whole lot of new stuff. Mostly we're perfecting what we already know and seeing how much material we can squeeze into a class. The kids are doing great but they are still ready for a break.

It's pretty draining teaching a room full of people who'd rather be doing something else, hence the napping. But it will be okay; demonstrations are at the end of the month and then comes summer. This slump happens every year, and it always resolves itself.

But if you're wondering why I haven't been blogging, it's because I've been asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Hopefully you get out of the slump soon - I've also been napping a lot lately. The warmer weather actually makes me rather drowsy, haha.

    By the way, I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award - check out the details here: http://aliceindanceland.com/2013/05/17/sharing-the-liebster-love. It's a fun little 20-questions type activity that's been going around the blogosphere lately. You're welcome to participate or just accept the award and leave it at that. Thanks for your great posts! :)

    ReplyDelete