Monday, August 26, 2013

Back in the Swing of Things


Okay, so my blogging took a summer break too. But I'm back! And here's where I'm at:


  • I think this article has good information on dealing with ankle sprains. You've probably already found it on your own, but I wanted to make sure.
  • The beginning of the school year is always a little jarring to me as a teacher. We start our year at our studio at the beginning of August so I have a couple of weeks with the kids before school starts. Everything is humming along and then, BAM!, school starts and their poor brains just aren't used to it. Progress is pretty limited for the first month or so. It's okay. It has to get hard before it gets better.
  • Intermediate classes are hard to teach because you are teaching the kids how to take class--it's their first time without a set barre, or set music, and the expectations get a lot higher. I'll write more about this soon, but this transition is rough on everyone in the room.
All in all, I am very happy to be back. I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment